Re: Linux v2.6.9 and GPL Buyout

From: Eric Bambach
Date: Wed Oct 20 2004 - 19:33:17 EST

Sorry, I have been having this nasty habit of sending out unfinished e-mail
lately(mis-clicks). Anyways in summary a large affirmative no from key
players would solidify Linux's position as being a collaborative and open
project ultimately never for sale. I think it would also show large companies
who are giving support like Novell and IBM a better idea and a concrete
example of what open source and collaborative development is all about.

EB

> All is fine except that I can reliably "oops" it simply by trying to read
> from /proc/apm (e.g. cat /proc/apm).
> oops output and ksymoops-2.3.4 output is attached.
> Is there anything else I can contribute?

The latitude and longtitude of the bios writers current position, and
a ballistic missile.

--Alan Cox 2000-12-08