Re: ZONE_PADDING wastes 4 bytes of the new cacheline

From: Nick Piggin
Date: Thu Oct 21 2004 - 20:08:37 EST

Andrea Arcangeli wrote:

looks reasonable. only cons is that this rejects on my tree ;), pages_*
and protection is gone in my tree, replaced by watermarks[] using the
very same optimal and proven algo of 2.4 (enabled by default of course).
I'll reevaluate the false sharing later on.

May I again ask what you think is wrong with ->protection[] apart from
it being turned off by default? (I don't think our previous conversation
ever reached a conclusion...)