Re: [patch] Real-Time Preemption, -RT-2.6.9-rc4-mm1-U6

From: K.R. Foley
Date: Fri Oct 22 2004 - 01:00:53 EST

Ingo Molnar wrote:
* Mark_H_Johnson@xxxxxxxxxxxx <Mark_H_Johnson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Booted to single user and was able to get some network operations
going with this version (w/ previously mentioned update). However, at
the step where I start CUPS, I got a number of traces on the display
referring to parport_pc related function calls [but I don't use a
parallel printer...]. It ended with:

thanks for the logs - there are some semaphore assumptions in
ieee1284.c, it should use completions & wait_for_completion_timeout()
too. The workaround is to disable CONFIG_PARPORT_1284. (or
CONFIG_PARPORT altogether.)

Ingo

If only he had been a little faster getting this in, I wouldn't have sat and written the entire screen full down on paper. :) Mine wasn't making it to the logs. At least he saved me from typing it all back in. Thanks Mark. Disabling PARPORT fixed my problem as well.

kr