Re: Linux v2.6.9 and GPL Buyout

From: Jeff V. Merkey
Date: Fri Oct 22 2004 - 12:12:10 EST

David Weinehall wrote:

On Tue, Oct 19, 2004 at 02:09:28PM -0600, Jeff V. Merkey wrote:
[snip]

No. They seem to have some factual concrete evidence IP covered under Employee
agreements was used and subsequently converted into Linux, and they are very
confident of this. From a cursory viewpoint, it looks valid. I think they have a case
(having been sued and nailed for the same type of thing by Novell).

(Quoting from groklaw wrt that lawsuit:)

"The judge had a few descriptive words for Mr. Merkey, as you will note
particularly in paragraph 123 - 125 of the Findings of Fact:

124. In fact, however, Merkey is not just prone to exaggeration, he also
is and can be deceptive, not only to his adversaries, but also to his
own partners, his business associates and to the court. He deliberately
describes his own, separate reality."

[snip]

Meanwhile, life goes on as usual in the real world.

Oh, and if you happen to need any code I might have contributed to the
kernel, it's available under the GPL. Only.

Regards: David Weinehall

This was written by Novell's stooge Judge Schoefield. It's total fiction. Don't worry, it will get cleared up soon.

More bugs to find ....

Jeff