Re: PROBLEM : Thread signal informations are not freed when it isexecing.

From: Roland McGrath
Date: Fri Oct 22 2004 - 17:05:07 EST

> I didn't find the post you're talking about, but after reading 2.6.9
> de_thread function, I didn't find major diff with previous release.

Like I said, the relevant fix is in *after* 2.6.9, in the current sources
you can get now from bk/bkcvs or snapshots.

> I wrote a new test case that works with 2.6.x kernel. I have run it on a
> Fedora Core 2 node with a 2.6.8-1.521 kernel and also with the new 2.6.9
> kernel, and it has also produce a leak in siqueue buffers. It can be
> seen by looking at sigqueue cache info in /proc/slabinfo.

Thanks. I have verified that your test case produces the leak without my
patch, and has no leak with my patch. The patch is in current sources but
not 2.6.9, and you can find it here:

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/akpm/patches/2.6/2.6.9-rc4/2.6.9-rc4-mm1/broken-out/exec-fix-posix-timers-leak-and-pending-signal-loss.patch

Thanks,
Roland