Re: 2.6.9-mm1: NForce3 problem (IRQ sharing issue?)

From: Rafael J. Wysocki
Date: Sat Oct 23 2004 - 18:08:12 EST

On Sunday 24 of October 2004 00:14, Allan Sandfeld Jensen wrote:
> On Friday 22 October 2004 23:54, you wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a problem with 2.6.9-mm1 on an AMD64 NForce3-based box. Namely,
> > after some time in X, USB suddenly stops working and sound goes off
> > simultaneously (it's quite annoying, as I use a USB mouse ;-)). It is
100%
> > reproducible and it may be related to the sharing of IRQ 5:
> >
> Have you tried disabling ioapic?

In principle I could, but I have no such problems with the 2.6.9 kernel,
although the APIC etc., settings are the same. Which means there's a
regression and that's the real issue.

Greets,
RJW

--
- Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?
- That depends a good deal on where you want to get to.