Re: 2.6.9-ck1: swap mayhem under UT2004

From: Alastair Stevens
Date: Sun Oct 24 2004 - 05:44:51 EST

On Sunday 24 October 2004 3:59, Nick Piggin wrote:
> Can you try the following patch to start with, please?
> (against 2.6.10-rc1, but should apply to most recent kernels I think)

[vm-pages_scanned-active_list.patch]

Thanks Nick - seems exemplary so far. No stuttering or swap thrashing
under the time-honoured UT2004 test, even with some phat desktop apps
sitting in memory.

I'm still running on 2.6.9-ck1 for now. Is there anything else you want
me to try? Presumably VM scanning work is ongoing for 2.6.10? I might
give -rc1 a spin, just for fun....

Cheers
Alastair

Alastair Stevens : child of 1976 /-'_ LPI (Level 1)
www.altruxsolutions.co.uk |\/(*) /\__ Linux Certified
Ditch IE and ignite a new web - www.getfirefox.com