Re: HARDWARE: Open-Source-Friendly Graphics Cards -- Viable?

From: Mail Lists
Date: Sun Oct 24 2004 - 13:21:28 EST

Not exactly the question you asked - but an alternative thought.

I wonder what interest there might would be in an open source
one-time-password secure id type card?

Not sure how easy it would be to make reset/resync the card to
the server random sequence via something - serial/usb/ethernet?

Something like an rsa secureid card but open source server?
I am sure community could help program the server side?

Not sure of the business implications as large institutions
can afford to amortize a larger cost - however small businesses,
eductional institutions and home users might be very happy
with a standard secure remote access facility.

Again OEM's might be happy to have this as a standard option -
you know an sell the cards as a standard addon - small or large quantity.

Thoughts?

gene/