Re: Kernel 2.6.9 Page Allocation Failures w/TSO+rollup.patch

From: Justin Piszcz
Date: Mon Oct 25 2004 - 07:04:35 EST

It does not cause any noticable problems that I know of, I guess it is just a bit disturbing.

Anyway, how often are you getting the messages?
It depends what I am doing, sometimes they happen after 20-30 minutes, othertimes it takes a day or two.

How many ethernet cards in the system?

There are 4 ethernet cards in the system.
1) 3c905b (on-board)
2) 3c905b (PCI)
3) 3c900 Combo (PCI)
4) Intel 82541GI/PI (PCI)

Can you run a kernel with sysrq support, and do `SysRq+M`
(close to when the allocation failure happens if possible, but
otherwise on a normally running system after it has been up
for a while). Then send in the dmesg.
Ok, I will try this.