Re: 2.6.9-mm1: NForce3 problem (IRQ sharing issue?)

From: Rafael J. Wysocki
Date: Mon Oct 25 2004 - 09:32:44 EST

On Monday 25 of October 2004 16:13, Zwane Mwaikambo wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Oct 2004, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
>
> > > Could you boot 2.6.10-rc1 with the 'noapic' kernel parameter and you may
> > > as well remove that pci=routeirq parameter, then send dmesg. Something
> > > appears hosed with respect to IOAPIC setup and i think ACPI is having
> > > trouble doing the fallback to PIC mode.
> >
> > I booted with noapic and without pci=routeirq, although I think it's still
> > necessary for suspend.
>
> I think that was an -mm thing only at some point, but it's not in
> mainline.

Yup. You're right it's not necessary.

> > The output of dmesg is attached (well, it's all I can
> > currently produce - I don't know how to get anything better).
>
> So did the system still misbehave? What happened?

So far, so good. The problem has not happened yet, so I think it won't.
Still, I have no such problems with 2.6.9*, although I do not boot them with
noapic ...

Thanks for your help anyway,
RJW

--
- Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?
- That depends a good deal on where you want to get to.