Re: 2.6.9-mm1

From: Bill Davidsen
Date: Mon Oct 25 2004 - 15:26:05 EST

Hans Reiser wrote:
David Masover wrote:

Some people don't care about speed but need space. I'd leave them in on
general principle, even if no one wants them now.

Software design is usually improved by identifying features that aren't worth much, and removing them from the interface and burying them where average users don't see them (or dumping them completely). Interface clutter has a cost.

We already have a section of odd things a user might want to do on a small, embedded, or special use. That might be a good place to put it.

--
-bill davidsen (davidsen@xxxxxxx)