Re: [patch] Real-Time Preemption, -RT-2.6.9-mm1-V0

From: K.R. Foley
Date: Mon Oct 25 2004 - 22:15:23 EST

Lee Revell wrote:
On Mon, 2004-10-25 at 20:40 +0100, Rui Nuno Capela wrote:

OTOH, jackd -R xruns are awfully back, even thought I (re)prioritize the
relevant IRQ thread handlers to be always higher than jackd's.

Actually they should be lower, except the soundcard. I was only able to
get the xrun free behavior of T3 by setting all IRQ threads except the
soundcard to SCHED_OTHER. Especially important was setting ksoftirqd to
SCHED_OTHER, this actually may have been the only one necessary.

The relative priorities of jackd and the soundcard irq do not matter as
these two should never contend (aka they are never both runnable at the
same time).

Lee

Not being familiar with jack, does it use rtc?

kr