IDE warning: "Wait for ready failed before probe!"

From: Nick Warne
Date: Tue Oct 26 2004 - 15:24:50 EST

Strangely, or even twilight zone stuff, I am building right now and will boot
new kernel with the CONFIG_IDE_GENERIC = n - this fixes it reportedly. Only
warnings anyway, but I think we all like *clean* boots.

A couple of mails with Bartlomiej assured me that it isn't required on
modern(ish) machines that have PCI (in theory), so do not need that option.

That will stop the probe, and the post from Alan re the Redhat thread suggests
it is a debug warning anyway that maybe was never removed.

Nick

--
"When you're chewing on life's gristle,
Don't grumble, Give a whistle..."