Re: The naming wars continue...

From: Bill Davidsen
Date: Tue Oct 26 2004 - 16:24:30 EST

Daniel Gryniewicz wrote:
On Mon, 2004-10-25 at 17:44 -0400, Bill Davidsen wrote:

David Woodhouse wrote:

Damn right. If 2.6.10 doesn't boot on the G5 with i8042 and 8250 drivers
built in, and doesn't sleep (well, more to the point doesn't resume) on
my shinybook, I shall sulk :)

Suspend is Shakespearean, "to sleep, perchance to dream." I don't know why people are still trying the fix suspend, it works perfectly on all my machines, I would like to see some work on wake-the-@-up at this point.

The sad part is that using apm and 2.4, all my laptops seem happy to sleep and wake when asked. One of the reasons I'm running 2.4 on the old ones, the new ones boot fast enought that I don't care.

Well, for me, 2.6.9 *broke* wake up. Suspend still works fine, but I'm
back to 2.6.9-rc4 to get working wake up.

I think you missed my point... I said suspend works now work on wakeup. Same issue you have.

--
-bill davidsen (davidsen@xxxxxxx)