Re: lowmem_reserve (replaces protection)

From: Andrea Arcangeli
Date: Tue Oct 26 2004 - 19:30:29 EST

On Tue, Oct 26, 2004 at 02:17:33PM +1000, Nick Piggin wrote:
> OK that makes sense... it isn't the length of the name, but the fact
> that that naming convention hasn't proliferated thoughout the 2.6 tree;

I don't see any other equivalent teminology besides my "classzone" word
existing, if we standardize on "alloc_type" to only mean a classzone
then I'd be fine to giveup on my wording, I don't care to retain my
wording, but to me classzone sounds more self explanatory than
alloc_type (though I must be biased having invented that word).

> maybe could you add a little comment along the lines of the above?

sure. done here:

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/andrea/patches/v2.6/2.6.9/lowmem_reserve-2