Re: lowmem_reserve (replaces protection)

From: Andrew Morton
Date: Tue Oct 26 2004 - 19:46:16 EST

Andrea Arcangeli <andrea@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I don't see any other equivalent teminology besides my "classzone" word
> existing,

I'll confess that I've never understood what "classzone" _means_. Is it "a
zone from amongst several classes" or what?

If it was "zone_class" then it might mean "a particular classification of
zones". Maybe that's what you meant?

I think a lot of other mm hackers share my confusion, which is why
"classzone" has been trickling away. But yeah, we haven't been replacing it
with anything very useful.