Strange IO behaviour on wakeup from sleep

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt
Date: Tue Oct 26 2004 - 22:03:39 EST

Hi !

Not much datas at this point yet, but paulus and I noticed that current
bk (happened already last saturday or so) has a very strange problem
when waking up from sleep (suspend to ram) on our laptops.

This doesn't seem to be directly related to the PM code, at least not
the arch one, as far as I know. The IDE throughput goes down to less
than 100k/sec on hdparm. We haven't yet figured out where the time is
lost, the disk seem to properly be restored to UDMA4 as usual, that code
didn't change for ages, I don't think it's a problem at that level in
IDE.

I'm not sure yet how to track that down, it could be the IO scheduler
getting messed up on wakeup for some reason. Any clue appreciated.

Ben.