Re: Hugepages demand paging V2 [0/8]: Discussion and overview

From: William Lee Irwin III
Date: Wed Oct 27 2004 - 01:57:11 EST

On Mon, Oct 25, 2004 at 06:26:42PM -0700, Christoph Lameter wrote:
> Hugetlb demand paging has been part of SuSE SLES 9 for awhile now and
> this patchset is intended to help hugetlb demand paging also get into
> the official Linux kernel. Huge pages are referred to as "compound"
> pages in terms of "struct page" in the Linux kernel. The term
"compund page" may be used alternatively to huge page.

This may very well explain why SLES9 is triplefaulting when Oracle
tries to use hugetlb on it on x86-64.

Since all this is clearly malfunctioning and not done anywhere near
carefully enough, can I at least get *some* sanction to do any of this
differently?

-- wli