SWsuspend in 2.6.9 - sound card does not work

From: Jan Kasprzak
Date: Wed Oct 27 2004 - 06:19:20 EST

Hi all,

I have an Asus M6R laptop (http://www.fi.muni.cz/~kas/m6r/) with ATI IXP
integrated sound card. Under 2.6.8.1 I was able to use the sound card
after software suspend (just had to restore mixer settings using alsactl).
With 2.6.9 the sound card does not work after suspend/restore: No output no
matter how I change mixer settings, and the playback is not timed properly
(e.g. when mplayer tries to synchronize audio and video stream, the video
goes too fast using all CPU time and no output to speakers/phones.

I will do a binary search over 2.6.9-pre patches, but I want to ask
whether this problem looks familiar to anybody.

Thanks,

-Yenya

--
| Jan "Yenya" Kasprzak <kas at {fi.muni.cz - work | yenya.net - private}> |
| GPG: ID 1024/D3498839 Fingerprint 0D99A7FB206605D7 8B35FCDE05B18A5E |