Re: [patch] Real-Time Preemption, -RT-2.6.9-mm1-V0.3

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Wed Oct 27 2004 - 08:58:02 EST

* Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> OK. Currently with RT-V0.3.2.
>
> So it seems that the jackd -R is no more an issue here.

great.

> However (oh no!:) those jackd -R xruns are still frequent, much
> frequent than RT-U3, which is my stable RT kernel atm.

-V0.4.1 could help with this problem. There were a number of places
where the PREEMPT_REALTIME kernel missed reschedules so it could easily
happen that jackd would sit in the runqueue waiting to be executed and
the kernel got quickly out of a critical section but then the kernel
'forgot' to reschedule for many milliseconds!

Ingo