Re: BK kernel workflow

From: Roman Zippel
Date: Wed Oct 27 2004 - 16:20:07 EST

Hi,

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004, Larry McVoy wrote:

> On the other hand, if there is information that is not interesting to
> a kernel developer but is interesting to someone trying to rip off our
> software, no, we must respectfully decline to offer that.

Allow me to translate that what this means, so everyone clearly knows
what's going on here:
The complete development history of the Linux kernel is now effectly
locked into the bk format, you can get a summary of it, but that's it.
The data everyone put into a bk repository is now owned by BM and only if
you abide to the rules set by BM, do you have the permission to extract
some of the data again. You can completely forget the idea to one day
import "your" data into a different SCM system.

bye, Roman