Re: Linux v2.6.9 and GPL Buyout

From: Horst von Brand
Date: Thu Oct 28 2004 - 07:22:03 EST

"Jeff V. Merkey" <jmerkey@xxxxxxxxx> said:
> SCO Just sent over a list of contaminated files with a "bill of health"
> certification for Linux that if we remove the identified files they will
> certify our Linux distribution as clean. They are also sending out some
> form of statement that we are not affiliated with them, and that we are
> competitors of SCO since we use Linux. They claim the following and I
> have a listing of files, lines numbers, etc. they told us we must remove
> in order for our Linux appliances to be considered "clean." This info
> might be useful to others. They have a cert program to remove the areas.

It is extremely weird that they send this to you, but are totally unable to
show same to the judge and IBM. Did they also send over the exact basis for
the claims on each of the pieces of code by any chance?

SCOX has ownership interest only over some snippets of code they explicitly
contributed to Linux under GPL while they called themselves Caldera.