kbuild/all archs: Sanitize creating offsets.h

From: Sam Ravnborg
Date: Thu Oct 28 2004 - 12:02:28 EST

When creating offsets.h from arch/$(ARCH)/Makefile we failed to check
all dependencies. A few key dependencies were listed - but a manually
edited list of include files are bound to be incomplete.
A few times I have tried building a kernel - which failed because
offsets.h needed to be updated but kbuild failed to do so.
I wonder what could happen with a kernel with an out-dated offsets.h
file with wrong assembler constants.

This serie of patches fixes this.
Generating offsets.h is moved to include/asm-$(ARCH)/Kbuild and
the usual dependency tracking is used to detect when an update is needed.

With this mail four patches are posted:
o Accept kbuild file named Kbuild
o generic support for offsets.h
o changes for i386
o changes for arm

The second patch breaks all architectures...

My bk tree at bk://linux-sam.bkbits.net/kbuild contains support for most
architectures (sh and cris missing for now).

Sam