Re: [uml-devel] Re: [patch 7/7] uml: resolve symbols in back-traces

From: Blaisorblade
Date: Thu Oct 28 2004 - 21:43:05 EST

On Thursday 28 October 2004 23:32, Jeff Dike wrote:
> cw@xxxxxxxx said:
> > the emacs comments are gratuitous and completely pointless, they serve
> > no useful purpose. fwiw in my .emacs i have:
>
> Yeah, that's why I acked that particular change.
>
> They're not completely pointless, they just cater to an individual's
> development environment, and that sort of stuff should be in the
> environment, and not the code.
>
> Jeff
Ok. In fact I already agreed, and I was a bit unconfortable with that. However
I'm working on other stuff, so I never worried about that, while seeing you
adding such comments lately. I'm also concerned about not stepping on other
people toes.
--
Paolo Giarrusso, aka Blaisorblade
Linux registered user n. 292729