Re: [RFC] Linux 2.6.9.1-pre1 contents

From: Alan Cox
Date: Fri Oct 29 2004 - 07:37:57 EST

On Gwe, 2004-10-29 at 03:02, Chuck Ebbert wrote:
> 3c59x_pci_disable_device.patch
> Add missing pci_disable_device() in failure paths
> NOTE: 3c59x_remove_one() needs disable call, too
> ...as do tulip, natsemi, etc.

The mm tree with this in has shown some problems which aren't yet
fully explained and are more likely the eeprom thing.

> Fixes from 2.6.9-ac4

I'll post -ac5 shortly although you seem to have most of that
and a lot more.

> ide_maxtor_probe.patch
> Another Maxtor IDE drive serial number oddity

This is definitely wrong, the others look fairly sane although there are
a lot that are for such obscure cases they seem to add not reduce risk.

Alan