Re: BK kernel workflow

From: Roman Zippel
Date: Fri Oct 29 2004 - 11:03:44 EST

Hi,

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004, Manu Abraham wrote:

> On Fri October 29 2004 2:45 am, Larry McVoy wrote:
> > On Thu, Oct 28, 2004 at 11:03:42PM +0200, Roman Zippel wrote:
> > > [complaints about the awful horrible evil BK2CVS tool]
> >
> > You
> > do not get to use BK metadata to do so either, those are also our rules.
> >

> The contents of the BK, ie the metadata is Free software, licensed under the
> GPL. Therefore i don't understand .. Isn't this then a violation of the GPL ?

What someone does in the privacy of his home is outside the scope of the
GPL, this means the kernel repository is the private toy of Linus and he
leaves the decision who may play with him to Larry.
This is also means that Linux history recorded in bk is not part of the
public record. This is an unfortunate fact and not a complaint BTW, but
Larry has not much use for facts anyway, when I try to summarize the facts
around the publicly available information as best as I can, Larry doesn't
even try to prove me wrong and instead continues to attack me personally.
I don't really care about the latter, but that he gets the support to do
so is the personally very disappointing part. :-(

bye, Roman