Re: status of DRM_MGA on x86_64

From: Ian Romanick
Date: Fri Oct 29 2004 - 15:28:26 EST

Thomas Zehetbauer wrote:
Hi again,

I have now changed Kconfig and successfully compiled, loaded and used
DRI with a Matrox Millenium G550 on a dual Opteron system. I guess this
is a pretty good test and I wonder if the problem has already been fixed
or if it was limited to specific hard- or software.

The problem, which exists with most (all?) DRM drivers, is that data types are used in the kernel/user interface that have different sizes on LP32 and LP64. If your kernel is 64-bit, you will have problems with 32-bit applications.