Re: K 2.6.9 - NFS: lstat causes "permission errors"

From: Paulo da Silva
Date: Fri Oct 29 2004 - 21:48:01 EST

Paulo da Silva wrote:

I am getting several "permission errors" when using
"lstat". So far I only found this on Directories.
I changed a program to retry the "lstat" whenever
a "permission error" occurs and it works successfully.

I'm also getting "Stale NFS file handle" error when "lstat" and
"read" a file. This seems to happen only on a VFAT filesystem
but I am not sure.

I am sorry, but the error occurs when "lstat" and "open". Not "read".