Re: [Fwd: Re: [patch] Real-Time Preemption, -RT-2.6.9-mm1-V0.4]

From: Florian Schmidt
Date: Sat Oct 30 2004 - 14:31:55 EST

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 21:17:25 +0200
Ingo Molnar <mingo@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> > No, this cannot be the whole story, because unless verbose mode is
> > specified, jackd will only prints anything if there is an xrun. So
> > there is something else going on.
> >
> > This _really_ feels like a kernel bug. Are you saying that this could
> > still be a jackd problem, even though T3 works perfectly with the
> > exact same jackd binary?
>
> i think you are right - there are too many independent indicators
> pointing towards some sort of kernel problem. I'll try Florian's testapp
> and see whether i can see the 'window wiggle' problem.

Hi, in the meantime i also booted into P9 again and the results differ
dramatically. Much better in P9. Anyways, i reuploaded the tarball. The
program tries to detect missed irq's now and counts the total number of
irq's delivered by /dev/rtc. Since the program does not recover from missed
irq's the "statistical" data for these runs is useless [except for the
knowledge of the fact that one or more irq was missed :)]

flo