Re: LVM Oops

From: Bernd Eckenfels
Date: Sun Oct 31 2004 - 09:24:01 EST

In article <20041031091355.GA27407@xxxxxxxxxxxx> you wrote:
> It was some 2.4 version, but the stacktrace was not related to XFS I think.
> It was just that reproducible one got panic or oops (not sure) if the
> snapshot volumne was full. Hevent tried that with 2.6 yet, will do.

Ok, I just retested with 2.6.8.1 and lvm2 on 2 sd disks, I no longer get oops when
the snapshot fills up. (However I cant control a policy what should happen
on snapshot fillup. Currently it looks like dm-snap is always invalidating
the snapshot LV. Other option would be to block IO (on the original drive)
or return ENOSPC. I can think of situations where this is desired.

My inital problems howwever have been with lvm1 meta data volumnes and 2.4,
cant test those anymore.

Greetings
Bernd