Re: [patch 2.4] back port msleep(), msleep_interruptible()

From: maximilian attems
Date: Sun Oct 31 2004 - 09:46:25 EST

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004, Jeff Garzik wrote:

> I'm pretty sure more than one of these symbols clashes with a symbol
> defined locally in a driver. I like the patch but we can't apply it
> until the impact on existing code is evaluated.
>
> Jeff

current 2.4 has no ssleep() nor jiffies_to_usecs() nor jiffies_to_msecs()
users. so no namespace conflicts on them.

i found a strange unsupported "msleep" syscall in
./arch/parisc/hpux/sys_hpux.c

left this one appart, i resend the msleep patch + 5 cleanup patches.
they remove duplicate msleep() or msecs_to_jiffies() definitions.
they are all compile tested, but the one touching drivers/char/shwdt.c
please show me if i forgot something.

--
maks
kernel janitor http://janitor.kernelnewbies.org/