Re: HP C2502 SCSI card (NCR 53C400A based) not working

From: Alan Cox
Date: Sun Oct 31 2004 - 11:27:53 EST

On Sul, 2004-10-31 at 12:22, Ondrej Zary wrote:
> Hello,
> I have an old ISA SCSI card that came with HP ScanJet IIP scanner. It's
> HP C2502 card based on NCR 53C400A chip. I was unable to get it working
> with g_NCR5380 driver so I tried loading the official MINI400I.SYS
> driver in DOSemu. I was surprised that the values sent to the ports are
> not the same as in the g_NCR5380 driver.

It should work in 2.4 providing you use the loading options for
ncr53c400a and set a port and no IRQ (read mine did). What options are
you trying ?

> According to this, I think that my card has the 53C400A chip registers
> mapped to different addresses (offsets) but I'm unable to determine what
> the mapping is. I was also unable to find the 53C400A datasheet which
> might help a bit.

The 53c400a can be programming to an address by software - either by
magic sequences or I believe according to pin strapping by ISAPnP.
Its been a long time since I touched such junk however and if you want
to do anything useful with your computer while scanning (like waving the
mouse point around) get something else!