Re: 2.6.9 USB storage problems

From: Matthew Dharm
Date: Mon Nov 01 2004 - 18:02:57 EST

On Mon, Nov 01, 2004 at 08:40:32PM +0100, Wolfgang Scheicher wrote:
> Am Montag, 1. November 2004 20:10 schrieb Matthew Dharm:
> > You're using the UB driver. Does it work if you turn that off and use the
> > usb-storage driver instead?
>
> Damn, you are right - this is a new driver...
> I didn't notice that, i did rely on hotplug to load the correct modules.
>
> Removed the ub driver and everything is fine now.
>
> That means - just unloadin ub and loading usb-storage didn't work.
>
> I had to remove it from the kernel config and rebuild the modules. Actually
> usb-storage was the only module being rebuilt. Looks like usb-storage's
> functionality is different if ub is built.
>
> So, my system works fine again, thank you.
> But it leaves the question: why does ub perform so badly?

Talk to Pete Zaitcev about that.

> And: could maybe somebody put some hints into the ub help?
> "This driver supports certain USB attached storage devices such as flash
> keys." didn't sound so bad to me...

That should definately happen. Along with a note that this blocks
usb-storage from working with many devices if enabled.

Matt

--
Matthew Dharm Home: mdharm-usb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I think the problem is there's a nut loose on your keyboard.
-- Greg to Customer
User Friendly, 1/5/1999