Re: 5 compile errors for 2.4-BK

From: Adrian Bunk
Date: Tue Nov 02 2004 - 12:51:34 EST

On Tue, Nov 02, 2004 at 03:07:04PM +0100, Christian wrote:

> every day my scripts compile several kernel from the latest -BK tree,
> since oct, 30. there are 5 compile errors shown in:
>
> make[3]: [neighbour.o] Error 1 (ignored)
> make[3]: [core.o] Error 1 (ignored)
> make[3]: [arp.o] Error 1 (ignored)
> make[3]: [ipv4.o] Error 1 (ignored)
> make[1]: [first_rule] Error 2 (ignored)
>
> [and that's why these 2 occur too:]
>
> make: [vmlinux] Error 1 (ignored)
> make: [zImage] Error 2 (ignored)

This part of the errors alone is useless.

> full make logs, configs here:
> this is all with debian/unstable, using gcc-3.4.2, binutils-2.15 (both

Did you manually change your gcc link or are you using gcc 3.3 ?

> maybe someone may find this useful...

Other people already do similar things.

The interesting thing is the exact error message. Your 5 errors are
actually only two (similar) compile errors.

For being really useful, a posting of the error messages of the two
actual error messages would be useful. If you trace down who is "guilty"
for the compile error and Cc the person in question it's even better
(but please check linux-kernel before being the tenth person reporting
the same issue).

> thanks,
> Christian.

cu