Re: question on common error-handling idiom

From: Russell Miller
Date: Tue Nov 02 2004 - 16:18:14 EST

On Tuesday 02 November 2004 14:58, Jan Engelhardt wrote:

> So to summarize, it's done to reduce code whilst keeping the error code
> around until we actually leave the function.

I understand what you're saying, the OP did raise a point that I think is
worth repeating, that it's an extra instruction in all but error cases. Is
that extra instruction worth the tradeoff?

--Russell

--

Russell Miller - rmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxx - Le Mars, IA
Duskglow Consulting - Helping companies just like you to succeed for ~ 10 yrs.