Re: [patch] Real-Time Preemption, -RT-2.6.9-mm1-V0.6.8

From: K.R. Foley
Date: Tue Nov 02 2004 - 19:55:47 EST

Ingo Molnar wrote:
* Ingo Molnar <mingo@xxxxxxx> wrote:

This build appears to run OK and then in the middle of the real time
tests stops doing useful work (during network test).

weird, the deadlock detector did not trigger, although it is a clear
circular deadlock:

ah ... found it - a fair portion of spinlocks and rwlocks had deadlock
detection turned off in -V0.6.6 - amongst them ptype_lock. I've uploaded
-V0.6.9 that fixes this.

Ingo

I probably shouldn't say this, but I have yet to have -V0.6.9 die on me. And at least right now, the peppiness is back in the X interface, the menus, etc.

kr