Re: fix iounmap and a pageattr memleak (x86 and x86-64)

From: Dave Hansen
Date: Tue Nov 02 2004 - 20:46:08 EST

Andrea Arcangeli wrote:
On Tue, Nov 02, 2004 at 03:00:26PM -0800, Dave Hansen wrote:

just sent out, I just wanted to demonstrate what solves my immediate problem.

sure ;)

that's like disabling the config option, the only point of
change_page_attr is to split the direct mapping, it does nothing on
highmem, it actually BUGS() (and it wasn't one of my new bugs ;):

#ifdef CONFIG_HIGHMEM
if (page >= highmem_start_page) BUG(); #endif

Oh, crap. I meant to clear ->mapped when change_attr(__pgprot(0)) was done on it, and set it when it was changed back. Doing that correctly preserves the symmetry, right?