Re: fix iounmap and a pageattr memleak (x86 and x86-64)

From: Dave Hansen
Date: Tue Nov 02 2004 - 21:50:46 EST

Andrea Arcangeli wrote:
On Tue, Nov 02, 2004 at 05:43:45PM -0800, Dave Hansen wrote:

Oh, crap. I meant to clear ->mapped when change_attr(__pgprot(0)) was done on it, and set it when it was changed back. Doing that correctly preserves the symmetry, right?

yes it should. I agree with Andrew a bitflag would be enough. I'd call
it PG_prot_none.

It should be enough, but I don't think we want to waste a bitflag for something that's only needed for debugging anyway. They're getting precious these days. Might as well just bloat the kernel some more when the alloc debugging is on.

I'll see what I can do to get some backtraces of the __pg_prot(0) &&
page->mapped cases.