Re: [patch 2/2] kbuild: fix crossbuild base config

From: Roman Zippel
Date: Wed Nov 03 2004 - 11:59:26 EST

Hi,

On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 blaisorblade_spam@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> This has actually created not-working UML binaries (since UML is always
> "cross-compiled" for this purpose), as reported by Julian Scheid.

This rather suggests, there is a problem with UML. Either fix your Kconfig
to prevent nonvalid configurations or detect and report the problem at
runtime.

> We all agreed on this kind of general, not UML-only fix, and I (Paolo)
> implemented it.

I don't like the two separate lists, it would be easier to just skip all
absolute path names.
I would also like to avoid this patch at all. If this really should be a
problem, I'd consider to don't run kconfig at all in this case if there
is no configuration and instead suggest running defconfig (or one of
machine specific config targets) first.

bye, Roman