Re: [SATA] status report, libata-dev queue updated

From: Andy Warner
Date: Fri Nov 05 2004 - 14:30:45 EST

Brad Campbell wrote:
> [...]
> Read that as "I have tried really, really hard to break it and as yet been unable to".

Is your system SMP ? I'm actively tracking a problem now with
pass-thru behaviour (via /dev/sg* ) on SMP systems.

Symptom is a system freeze after a few messages like
this:

ata3: command 0x34 timeout, stat 0x58 host_stat 0x0
ata2: command 0x24 timeout, stat 0x58 host_stat 0x0
ata3: status=0x58 { DriveReady SeekComplete <4>ATA: abnormal status 0x58 on port 0xF8A3CCC7
ata2: status=0x58 { DriveReady SeekComplete DataRequest }
DataReq

This particular example is of a Read Sectors command pending
on one drive and Write Sectors on another. Don't know if it
is the pio state machine not being SMP-safe, or what just yet.
--
andyw@xxxxxxxxx

Andy Warner Voice: (612) 801-8549 Fax: (208) 575-5634