Re: kernel panic while using netcat since linux-2.6.9

From: Ondrej Zary
Date: Sun Nov 07 2004 - 09:44:33 EST

Sami Farin wrote:
On Sun, Nov 07, 2004 at 02:01:40PM +0100, Ondrej Zary wrote:

Ramsés Rodríguez Martínez wrote:

Hi,
Sorry i don't include any dump, but it seems kernel-patch-lkcd for 2.6.9 is
not available yet. I could handcopy the kernel-oops if you want. I think
it'll be something related with bind() as it fails with "netcat".

The problem is only present with 2.6.9 (or at least not with 2.6.8 nor
2.6.5)

------------------------
SCRIPT TO REPRODUCE:

su
apt-get install nc
exit
nc -p2000 127.0.0.1 2000 # kernel panic

It does the same thing for me. Here's the BUG output from serial console.

can you confirm does this patch fix the issue.
http://linux.bkbits.net:8080/linux-2.6/gnupatch@4175f00ayR2dZynZ8yUWYSVkL6Z5og

Thanks, this patch fixes the problem.

--
Ondrej Zary