About Tasklet scheduling

From: mike
Date: Mon Nov 08 2004 - 02:15:39 EST

Dear all

I am new to kernel driver development. Thanks for any help.

I am modifing a USB Ramdisk to a USB mass storage(MTD) driver in a dragonball ARM9 platform. I stop when using tasklet. The USB driver setup with endpoint 1 and 2 to be Interrupt IN and OUT point. So when ever there is a interrupt , I schedule the tasklet to read or write with semphone variable protection.
The problem i am facing is that the read/write process is TOO SLOW for the host to response. I have tried to not use tasklet and call the read/write function directly, it works with small file but "schedule in interrupt" oops prompt out when transfer a large file . I have also try to use spin_lock_irqsave.. but it will stop the interrupt...

I am in a hurry on this. Please give me a hand.

Thanks

Mike,Lee