Re: VMM: syscall for reordering pages in vm

From: Willibald Krenn
Date: Mon Nov 08 2004 - 07:28:22 EST

Arjan van de Ven schrieb:
On Mon, 2004-11-08 at 11:51 +0100, Willibald Krenn wrote:
virtual memory page exchange by modifying the physical<->virtual
page mapping.

eh isn't this already possible with mmap and mremap ?

If I'm not mistaken: You can not tell mmap and mremap to explicitely exchange two pages. (Mremap resizes an existing memory mapping.)

Perhaps I did not explain my idea good enough: I want something along the lines "Current memory contents in page starting at address X move to address Y and the contents of the page starting at address Y shall be found at address X in future".