Re: select( ) function with socket

From: Sumesh
Date: Tue Nov 09 2004 - 01:53:17 EST

On success, select returns the number of descriptors contained in the descriptor sets, which may be zero if the timeout expires before anything happens. Hence its possible that maybe your timeout os set to zero.

Regards,
Sumesh

ych43 wrote:

Hi,
I use select( ) function of socket programming on linux. After this function, I try to print the return value of select( ) function out. But there is no return value coming out, even no any error out. So I do not know what's wrong with this function. If I incorrectly used this function, some errors would come out. But no any error comes out. Can anybody help me.
Thank in advance!
king regards