Can I get a notification inside the kernel, when a random process exits or dies

From: Praveen CK
Date: Tue Nov 09 2004 - 07:23:00 EST

Hi All,

Is there a mechanism through which I can register a
function within the kernel such that, the registered
function gets called, whenever a process exits or
dies.

Basically, I am implementing socket kind of a
communication mechanism. Here, if the process that
created the socket dies, I want to release the socket
and all associated data structures inside the kernel.

Regards,
Praveen C K.