Re: Licencing of drivers/char/rocket.c ?

From: Theodore Ts'o
Date: Tue Nov 09 2004 - 12:04:01 EST

On Sun, Nov 07, 2004 at 12:52:36AM +0100, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> could you clarify the licensing of drivers/char/rocket.c ?

I developed the Rocketport device driver under contract of Comtrol,
with the understanding that the resulting device driver would be
released under the GPL. So I believe the correct way of resolving the
conflicting copyright statements is to delete the following lines.

It would be good to get positive confirmation from Comtrol as well
that this is their understanding as well. Otherwise, we will need to
remove the Rocketport driver from the mainline Linux kernel.

- Ted