Re: 2.6: unused code under drivers/message/fusion/

From: Adrian Bunk
Date: Wed Nov 10 2004 - 04:49:00 EST

On Wed, Nov 10, 2004 at 11:11:51AM +0300, Vladislav Bolkhovitin wrote:

> Moore, Eric Dean wrote:
> >We need to hold off on this change. Yes, there are
> >customers of LSI Logic using mptstm.c, as
> >part of the target-mode drivers.
> >
> >The proposed generic target mode drivers proposal is yet part
> >of the kernel.
> >http://scst.sourceforge.net/
> >We are looking into supporting this once its available.
>
> Well, SCST is already available, stable and useful. People use it
> without considerable problems, except with inconvenient LUNs management,
> which we are going to fix in the next version. I don't expect it will be
> considering for the kernel inclusion at least until 2.7. So, you can
> start supporting it right now :-).

With the current kernel development model, there is no 2.7 planned for
the next years.

Linus and Andrew believe 6 was an odd number, so you could submit your
code now. [1]

> Vlad

cu
Adrian

[1] this is a slightly abbreviated version of the development model
Linus announced

"Only a promise," Lao Er said.
Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed