Re: 2.6: unused code under drivers/message/fusion/

From: Vladislav Bolkhovitin
Date: Wed Nov 10 2004 - 04:58:06 EST

Adrian Bunk wrote:
On Wed, Nov 10, 2004 at 11:11:51AM +0300, Vladislav Bolkhovitin wrote:

Moore, Eric Dean wrote:

We need to hold off on this change. Yes, there are customers of LSI Logic using mptstm.c, as
part of the target-mode drivers.

The proposed generic target mode drivers proposal is yet part
of the kernel. http://scst.sourceforge.net/
We are looking into supporting this once its available.

Well, SCST is already available, stable and useful. People use it without considerable problems, except with inconvenient LUNs management, which we are going to fix in the next version. I don't expect it will be considering for the kernel inclusion at least until 2.7. So, you can start supporting it right now :-).

With the current kernel development model, there is no 2.7 planned for the next years.

Linus and Andrew believe 6 was an odd number, so you could submit your code now. [1]

OK, I'll prepare the next version as the kernel patch.

Thanks,
Vlad

Vlad

cu
Adrian

[1] this is a slightly abbreviated version of the development model
Linus announced