2.6.10-rc1-mm4: USB storage not working on AMD64

From: Rafael J. Wysocki
Date: Wed Nov 10 2004 - 05:57:00 EST

Hi,

There seems to be a problem in 2.6.10-rc1-mm4 with either USB storage (eg a
pendrive) or hotplug on AMD64 (NForce3 chipset, ohci-hcd, SuSE 9.1). Namely,
if a USB pendrive is inserted into a socket, the kernel does not even detect
it. Here's what appears in dmesg after it's inserted:

ohci_hcd 0000:00:02.0: wakeup

Other USB devices (eg a mouse) seem to work normally.

Of course such problems do not occur on 2.6.10-rc1. On 2.6.10-rc1-mm3 I've
had this problem only on a dual-Opteron box, but on 2.6.10-rc1-mm4 I see it
on a one-processor box either.

Greets,
RJW

--
- Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?
- That depends a good deal on where you want to get to.