Re: Mangling attributions.

From: Chris Ross
Date: Wed Nov 10 2004 - 06:25:22 EST

Russell King escreveu:
On Wed, Nov 10, 2004 at 10:41:58AM +0000, David Woodhouse wrote:
Russell, please don't mangle the attribution in this way. Please include
a correct email address for the submitter of the mail, and in any
Signed-Off-By: lines. The idea is that we're supposed to be able to work
out who submitted stuff, and how to get in touch with them if we want
to.

Tough. Shit. I'm not changing this. Sorry.

If you don't agree with my stance on the Data Protection Act, go and find
someone else to merge patches.

Ouch! In what way do you feel a proper "signed off by" contravenes the Data Protection Act, the gist of which is that personal information may be used only with permission and for the purpose for which it was given. I would have thought that signing off the patch meets both those criteria. Why do you think it doesn't?

Regards,
Chris R.